Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dreaming is Story


“A great deal of dreaming is an attempt by our minds to make sense of information that is chaos as it happens to us. . . .We make stories in our dreams; there we are all writers, of amazing skill.”
- Gold, Joseph. Read For Your Life: Literature as a Life Support System. Fitzhenry and Whiteside: Markham, 1990. pg 331

Everybody dreams. I know that there are people who believe that they don’t dream but what they really mean is that they rarely remember their dreams. Everyone at some point has had a dream that they can remember.

I happen to have vivid dreams every single night. I don’t know why some people remember their dreams and some don’t. I think that dreaming serves a really purpose. If it didn’t, I don’t think we would need to sleep every night

No comments:

Post a Comment