Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why Do I Stay with Her?

Wise words today for anyone who is in an unhealthy relationship. You can change the pronouns so that this passage will work equally well to inspire you if you are a guy (read as written) or a girl (replace 'she' with 'he')

So here is the wisdom, I transcribed from the DVD "The Holiday."

Miles: "Why am I attracted to a person I know isn't good?"

Iris: "I happen to know the answer to this. Because you're hoping you're wrong and every time she does something that tells you she's no good you ignore it. And every time she comes through and surprises you, she wins you over, and you lose the argument with yourself that she's not for you."

Miles: "Exactly. And on top of that, there's the old standby - I can't believe a girl like that would actually be  with a guy like me."

- The Holiday available on DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment