Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Funky Introdcution of How Nice I Am

"Now here's a funky introduction of how nice I am
Tell your mother, tell your father, send a telegram
I'm like an energizer 'cause, you see, I last long
My crew is never ever wack because we stand strong

Now if you say my style is wack that's where you're dead wrong
I slayed that body in El Segundo then 'Push it Along'
You'd be a fool to reply that Phife is not the man
'Cause you know and I know, that you know who I am

A special shout of peace goes out to all my pals, you see
And a middle finger goes for all you punk MC's
'Cause I love it when you wack MC's despise me
They get vexed, I roll next, can't none contest me

I'm just a fly MC who's five foot three and very brave
On job remaining, no I'm chaining 'cause I misbehave
I come correct in full effect, have all my hoes in check
And before I get the butt, the jim must be erect

You see, my aura's positive, I don't promote no junk
See, I'm far from a bully and I ain't a punk
Extremity in rhythm, yeah, that's what you heard
So just clean out your ears and just check the word."

- Phife Dawgs verse from "Check The Rhime" by A Tribe Called Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment