Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Surviving Off Pennies


"S.O.S. breaker breaker 1-9 mayday
surviving off of pennies until my next payday.
All I ever wanted was a real nice lady
a clean pair of socks and some fish for my gravy
but all I get is rice which will have to suffice
cause I always used to think I didn’t need no advice
so I never ever really tried to heed no advice
but in the end we all pay the price.
So let’s get to the point of the whole situation
so many obstacles so many confrontations
but still I’m focusing on reaching every station
cause destiny is my destination.
I came to make it happen instead of wasting time I don’t got
the time is now cause I only got one shot
navigating through the scenes and the intricate plots
cause you and I is all we got,
let’s make it happen."
- Bush Babees “S.O.S.” from the album gravity

This is a verse off of one of the best hip-hop albums of all time. I could have broken this down into three of four great quotations but I decided to put the whole thing up here. I love the song so much that I actually could have posted up all three verses. If you get a chance to listen to this song, please do. Even if you are not a rap fan, this group has something to say, and they deliver great rhymes over amazing tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment