Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Need You


Andy Brown, a single father talks to his teenage son. This is a heartfelt speech that really was something to see on the show. Andy has two kids, Ephram and Delia and is trying to raise them the best he can after the death of their mother.

“I get angry at myself because I can't seem to make you understand how much I need you. You know when your mom died, a thousand people said a thousand stupid things and I, I just wanted one of them to give me a reason not to die. One night we were sitting there, trying to eat, and you just said, "Everything's gonna be OK". That was the first night I slept.

You're the only one who can tell me everything's gonna be OK and I believe it. I don't know why you're that person for me and I don't know why we don't treat each other better, but at least now you know. I wish I could be the same for you. Instead, you're miserable here, which is my fault and if you go back to New York that'll probably change. You'll probably be happier. I meant that. But I don't care. I want you to stay. I need you to stay. Not just for Delia, but for me. You know, your grandfather thinks I'm only half a person. And if you leave, he'll be right.”

- Everwood, transcribed from an episode

No comments:

Post a Comment