Monday, May 26, 2008

Boring Titles

Sometimes it takes me a long time to catch on to things. For instance, when I first started collecting quotations and forming them into a commonplace book, I numbered the entries. I thought that this would help me organize them and find them easier.

The only problem is that the numbers don’t organize my collection very well. The numbers, in and of themselves, have no meaning. I would need to file each number under a specific subject. And so far, I haven’t been able to do that.

I have been labelling entries with key words but I have way too many of them to make them as useful as they could be.

It’s strange that this has taken me 20 weeks to realize. But now I see that a short title to each entry makes it easier to find the quotes. So I will be titling entries from now on. I will also go back to previous entries and give them more descriptive titles as well. I will also try to clean up my labelling system to make it more succinct and efficient.

If you have any ideas or would like to help me collect quotations, please let me know. You can comment here or send me an email. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment