Friday, April 3, 2009

This Day Last Year, Being Erica, and superGARAGE.

I decided to look back at my archives of my main blog at Silent Cacophony to see what I wrote about on this day last year. This what I wrote,

As I watched the episode last night, a song played in the background. Shows do this a lot. Sometimes I recognize the song, sometimes I don’t. It usually doesn’t effect my enjoyment of the show. Last night though, the song they played totally took my mind off of the story.

I couldn’t believe what my ears were hearing. Could it be? I concentrated on the song in the background. Yes, it was. They were playing “Keep” by superGARAGE.

Well guess what. I watched Being Erica this week with my girlfriend and in one scene Leo was playing a superGARAGE song. It wasn't the same song either. I had already told my girlfriend about this great group but I forgot to put them on her mixtape. I will on the next tape, that's for sure. I pointed out, "Hey, that's superGARAGE."

It was an amazing episode of Being Erica last night. Check out my post about it here. I really like this show and can't say enough good things about it. The same goes for superGARAGE.

I first saw superGARAGE play in 1994 in Hamilton. They put on an amazing show and I was an immediate fan. I bought their cassette tape and a T-shirt. The following year, they put out the album on CD. Since then I have bought all of their albums and have seen them perform live countless times. They are an amazing band.

It was so cool to hear their songs playing on a radio in a scene of a television drama again. That's what I wanted to share with you today.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment