Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Down With The King



"I'm takin' the tours, I'm wreckin' the land
I keep it hardcore because it's dope man
these are the roughest toughest words I ever wrote down
not mean for a hoe like a slow jam, check it
sucka emcees could never swing with D
because of all the things that I bring with me
only G-O-D could be a king to me
and if the G-O-D be in me, then the king I be
the microphone is granted when it's handed to me
I was planted on this planet and I plan to emcee
the emcee fiends only seem to agree
that I rock all the world and the society
I rages on the stages with a tune of verse
I get praises from these pages to the universe
my voice is raw, my lyrics is law
I keep it hardcore like you never saw."

- Run-DMC, the title track from the album "Down With the King"

I love this verse. DMC totally wrecks it. Awesome lyrics and a great delivery. Great job!

This is my favourite group of all-time. If you want to check out my autograph collection, head on over to Silent Cacophony and check out the door poster I had these guys autograph back in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment