Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You Can't Tune it Out

Dr. Tom: "Infidelity, where does it begin?"

Author: "Interesting, tell us more."

"There is a woman, not my partner, and, to be honest, I find this woman to be infuriating - rash, she's headstrong. But, I don't know, deep inside she's like this melody that keeps playing back in my mind.

Erica: "You can tune out a melody."

Dr. Tom: "Oh, I've tried that. It's not so easily done. Ear-worms, I think you call them. You know those songs you get in you head and you just can't get rid of them."

Author: "Oh my goodness that happens to me all the time.

Erica: "You can distract yourself. You can turn the music up really loud, do everything it takes to avoid seeing... to avoid seeing what's right in front of you. Like with Leo"

Author: "Who's Leo?"

Erica: "My brother. He betrayed me and I didn't want to see it."

Dr. Tom: "He was a great brother, but he also had serious flaws... It's so much easier to live in denial and we do it to protect ourselves from the things that we don't want to acknowledge."

Erica: "But if we do that, then we're just living a lie. No matter what we tell ourselves."

Dr. Tom: "'The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.' - Winston Churchill"

- Being Erica Season 2 Episode 9 A River Runs Through It...It Being Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment