Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hold Your Soul


“I look 'em in the eye but they cannot see,
I tell 'em from the heart but they don't believe,
I hit you in the place where you keep your dreams,
I fertilize your mind when I plant these seeds
My heart drums the beat
I circulate the world with the air I breathe
I need to reach the world with the words I speak
Kyprios, I got the ink in my soul that bleeds.

I am just the messenger,
giving you the messages,
I ain't got the answer
but I'll show you what the question is

Diamonds ain't forever
Even gold will go,
All you've got is you,
you'd better hold your soul,
fight back, get back, live that and take control,
All you've got is you so,
baby hold you soul

One thing, effects the other, so in some way,
were all connected to each other
fathers and mother, sisters and brothers,
and other motherfuckers under it all,
who wanna make you suffer

But its straight though, carry your weight load,
Try and make a difference when you're making the peicos
It ain't so bad little man, it could always be worse
I tell the truth and it hurts

The world is my perch
and I leave in a herse
but I will leave it better than when I was seeing it first.”
- Kyprios “Hold You Soul” from the album “Say Something...”

No comments:

Post a Comment